Article by Czarizel | 4-5 min read
Achieving clear and healthy skin doesn’t always have to be expensive. You don’t have to feel guilty about taking care of yourself by spending a lot of money. Everything starts with you, taking care of ourselves. When you feel good about yourself, it will also reflect in what you do.
Let’s find out how we can be confident with our own skin without breaking the bank!
We all know that lemons are rich in citric acid and also a good source of vitamin-C. Some people also use lemons with water for weight-loss/to detoxify.
Since lemon contains citric acid, it means it has a high pH level and considered to have an astringent properties that help decrease inflammation and oil that contributes to most skin problems like acne or blackheads.
Citric acid is a type of AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid), it’s a water-soluble acids that can be found in sugary fruits. AHA helps in peeling away the surface of your skin to give way to a new layer of healthy skin cells. Some benefits of lemon on your skin are: antimicrobial and antifungal, skin lightening, acne/blackheads treatment, anti-dandruff treatment, gets rid of skin blemishes, etc.
How to use lemon for face and underarm:
Precaution: Lemon contains citric acid. Always do a patch test before applying it to your face or underarm. Some people have a very delicate skin. Avoid using when going out under the sun it can increase the risk of getting sunburn.
- Always make sure that you wash your hands before starting any skin care routine.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon extract on your palm, and gently massage it on your face / underarm. (For face: Massage it gently upwards motion to achieve a tighter and younger looking skin)
- After 10-15 mins rinse it with water.
- Repeat this until you achieve lighter complexion on your desired area.
- Always use sunscreen when going out under the sun cannot be avoided.
- Always use a moisturizer after applying.
- Discontinue use when you have bad side effects (excessive dryness, or peeling)
For dandruff treatment:
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon extract on your palm, and gently massage on your scalp.
- After 10-15 mins rinse your scalp with water.
Honey and Brown Sugar
Honey is known for its natural soothing and healing properties, most especially in skin. It is best hydrating and moisturizing damage skin. Since it is considered a humectant, it keeps the skin moisturize but not oily.
Brown sugar granules can be a natural exfoliator to get rid of dead cells for a youthful and smoother skin. But let’s not forget that one of its great benefits is that it contains glycolic acid that makes the skin fairer, and controls the melanin formation.
When these two are mixed, they are like magic! If you want to have brighter looking skin, plumper and rosy lips, get rid of that chicken skin and stubborn ingrown hair on your underarm, these are perfect for you.
How to make body scrub/lip scrub:
- Prepare a clean bowl or container.
- Mix one(1) tablespoon of honey with two(2) tablespoon of brown sugar in the bowl or container.
- Mix it well until it turns to paste. *You can squeeze of lemon and/or cinnamon on your mixture if you’re going to use it for underarm*
How to use:
- Gently rub it on your desired area for 1min. Do not apply hard pressure.
- Rinse well.
- Do it every other day.
Check our other articles…