Article by Trudy Allen | 3-4 min read
There are days that I still dream of the delicious fruit Dessert Pizza that was available, on take away, from a Pizza Restaurant in Battersea, London. Typically, if I ask a restaurant if they offer a dessert pizza, it’s always the same; Nutella and Banana!
So here’s my take on that pizza of my dreams and it’s ideal as a tasty, alternative summer breakfast.
Complete that summer café feel with one of Mod Lifestyles Red or Navy Nautical Stripe Stamped Table Runners.
1 packet of ready-made pizza dough (or make your own)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Sugar for sprinkling
¼ cup lemon curd
½ cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Fruit suggestions: slices of kiwi, strawberries, banana, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries
Optional: grated dark chocolate to top
- If you are using store-bought, ready-made dough, remove it from the fridge at least 1-2 hours before you plan to make the pizza and follow the instructions on the packet.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough, curling the edges to make a crust.
- Lightly brush the center of the pizza dough with the melted butter and then sprinkle the area with sugar.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until it turns a golden brown.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and use a knife or spatula to spread the lemon curd on the whole pizza crust. Place the pizza base back in the oven and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and allow it to cool a little.
- Next mix together the vanilla extract, mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar and spread this over the center of your pizza base. Do wait for the pizza to cool enough before you do this.
- Now get creative with the fruit placement; one ring of kiwi, one ring of banana etc. Or you can just mix all the fruit in a bowl and then spread it across the pizza base however it falls.
- To finish off sprinkle the pizza crust with powdered sugar and sprinkle the grated dark chocolate over the fruit area. Serve immediately.
Top Tip: A thick Crème Anglaise is also a great alternative to the Mascarpone Cheese, sprinkled sugar and Lemon Curd steps of this recipe.
Shop Coastal Kitchen Towels to help you keep clean while cooking this delicious recipe.
Check our other articles…